On this page
Cloud Build lets you build software quickly across all languages. Get complete control over defining custom workflows for building, testing, and deploying across multiple environments such as VMs, serverless, Kubernetes, or Firebase.
- From GitLab PM
It is competitive, but I don't see it getting a significant amount of usage. It's been around for awhile and we never really saw it competitively. This rebranding/marketing push may move the needle on awareness, but they take a pretty rigid approach to how you define your builds which will turn people off I think. It's hard to use for common tasks.
- Google CloudBuild and GitLab partnered to create a demo for Google Next 2018. This showed 2 use cases:
- Using GitLab for SCM-only and CloudBuild for CI/CD
- Using GitLab CI/CD test and deploy, but offloading the build stage to CloudBuild
Full details, as well as links to the demo and sample code are on the GitLab blog.
- Google Pricing Guide
- First 120 build-minutes per day - Free
- Additional build-minutes - $0.0034 per minute
- Note: Google Cloud Platform costs apply on top of these costs
If you feel there are inaccurate statements in this comparison or a tool missing, please edit this page or propose edits by opening an issue. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggested edits if you're unable to open an issue or edit this page.
We strive for technical accuracy and will review and update this post for inaccuracies as quickly as possible.